Friday, August 12, 2011

Should I change my dental practice?

Right I am a person with the worse luck when it comes to teeth. When I was a child I had 8 out in one day, thank god I was put to sleep though. Well last year half my tooth cracked (molar) and I made a trip to the dentist and he said right I need to drill into the tooth and see if you need a root canal if not I'll fill it back in. But my previous experience with him doing fillings was painful and it felt worse than before with pieces of the filling sticking out over my tooth scratching my cheek and Tongue. So I asked my mum to ask the receptionist to change my dentist (as I'm under 16)so the receptionist recommended a woman who dealt with patients with phobias. But I couldn't bring myself to go even though I had a new dentist. Until my cracked tooth got an abcess I was forced to go so I went an was put on a course of antibiotics and was instructed to come back the next week and I thought okay she just wants to check how that tooth is doing. Well when I went there she neglected that tooth and started complaining about my other teeth and decided that I needed two urgent fillings there and then, without asking my mum who was waiting in reception she started drilling her nurse then went to get my mum I'm guessing. The dentist started to have ago at me saying why I had left it so long to go and see her then mid sentence she said "oopsy I drilled to far" I panicked and started crying and she was like its okay we will do a root canal. So I thought okay this should be fine she then 'numbed' the area and said right can you feel this *she poked my tooth with something* and I shrieked in pain and she goes well I've numbed you so you can't feel it. She then carried on an put a temporary filling in which cracked off within a day (is that meant to happen) and sent me on my way. The following week my abcess had cone back 10times worse so I went to the doctor to see if they could refer me to hospital, but he gave me antibiotics and made me an emergency appointment at the dentist so I went back to the dentist the minute she saw my face she referred me to hospital, got there and they numbed me properly and removed the infected tooth painfree. Now the dentist has been calling my house and my mum requesting I go in so she can finish my fillings but I no that it will be painful. Im trying to convince my mum to change dental practices as I went to a different one a few years ago and it was painfree!

No comments:

Post a Comment